In recent years, there has been a rise in popularity of natural, organic products and health foods. Lots of people even develop their own skin care products! You likely have one of the most versatile ingredients in your fridge right now.
Using Milk For Skin Care
A staple of many people’s daily routine, milk is actually even more useful than you might think. While it’s not only a good source of nutrition for muscles and bones, it also makes a great, natural skin care treatment!
Check out these great tips, courtesy of WikiHow.
Milk’s Skin Care Benefits
1. Take a milk bath. Run hot water in your bathtub and add 1-3 gallons (3.8-11.4 L) of milk. Soak in this milk and water combination for 15-20 minutes and repeat each day for a week. Your skin will be noticeably brighter and more radiant. Make sure to rinse off with warm water after each bath.
2. Make a purifying mask. If you mix 2 tablespoons of milk with a tablespoon or two of honey, lemon juice or baking sode (or all three), you’ll have yourself a purifying mask. Add a vitamin E tablet for even more effectiveness. Apply the mixture to your face and let it solidify which should take about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, and your skin will feel soft and refreshed.
3. Make an exfoliating scrub. Combine 1 cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and apply to your skin. The oats will provide a grittiness while the milk provides nourishment for the skin. Allow time to dry, then rinse with warm water, scrubbing gently. You’ll rid that top layer of skin and feel like new!
4. Use it as a toner. If you’re not crazy about soaking your face in a layer of milk overnight, you can just use it as a toner. Apply milk to your face with a saturated cotton ball, leave for 15 minutes, then rinse. Be aware that overuse may lighten the colour of the skin.
5. Shrink your pores. Other dairy products are also good for your skin! If you want to shrink your pores, use sour cream or buttermilk. Just apply a thin layer to the skin and soak for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and be surprised by the results!
These are just a few of the many benefits of milk for your skin. If you love all the benefits of milk, including getting the freshest milk from your local store, or delivered right to your door, find a dairy near you via our directory!
Find Fresh, Organic Milk Near You!
* Featured Image Source